What to Do in Your Time of Loss
When someone you love has passed, Fernwood Cemetery and Funeral Home is here to help. Our compassionate and caring staff is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can call us at: (415) 383-7100.
© Frank Schulenburg / CC BY-SA 4.0
We will help you understand the steps you’ll need to take and the decisions you’ll need to make in the immediate hours and days following your loved one’s passing. We will bring the decedent into our care and provide the information and guidance you need in this very difficult time.
Fernwood is a full service cemetery and funeral home, which means that we can help you with everything you need, from cremation and burial services to a beautiful memorial celebration. Our compassionate and caring staff is here to support you in your time of loss. We welcome your questions.
Some of the decisions we can help you make:
- Cremation or full body burial
- Natural, green or traditional burial
- Selecting a burial site (grave, mausoleum, boulder niche, wall niche)
- Planning the memorial service
Our burial options include:
- Natural, green cemetery spaces, without embalming or use of chemicals — for both full body and cremated remains
- Historical area for traditional burial
- Gan Yarok, America’s first green Jewish cemetery, with three sections: Orthodox, Conservative, and Reform/Renewal
We invite you to learn more about our plans and pricing.