FUNERAL GUIDELINES DURING COVID-19
Fernwood is open and serving our community while adhering to the latest COVID-19 directives from local and state authorities.
Fernwood is open to family and friends wishing to visit loved ones and those arranging or attending services.
Our updated guidelines:
1. We are able to make final arrangements by phone and computer.
2. We are able to bring your loved one into our care.
3. We are adjusting our services and number of guests according to the latest directives from local and state authorities.
4. We are able to offer Zoom broadcast of some services so that you may witness by computer.
We will do everything in our power now and in the future to treat your loved one with honor and respect while giving you an opportunity for closure.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (415) 383-7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funeral Options During COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Fernwood Cemetery is committed to helping you meaningfully honor your loved one while also assuring the health and safety of those who attend. If holding a funeral during this time is not possible while attendance is severely limited, there are still options available to you that can be discussed with one of our caring and compassionate funeral directors.
You may choose to:
- Plan a private viewing for up to two people. This could include relatives, close friends, or a member of the clergy. You may then plan for a larger memorial service at a later date.
- Set a private service and public memorial for a later date. If you choose this option, please speak with the funeral director about options regarding burial or cremation.
- Invite family and friends to participate in a private video webcast (via Zoom) of the graveside or crematory service, allowing guests to give condolences and share a personal eulogy with other attendees and those present at Fernwood.
We understand that these are difficult limitations to accept. Please know that Fernwood Cemetery is working hard to ensure your health and safety, the safety of your guests and our staff while providing you with an opportunity to say farewell to your loved one.
Other guidelines Fernwood will be following include:
Seating during the service will be adjusted in accordance with social distancing guidelines so that guests are safely distanced from one another. We appreciate that this may be difficult, but we encourage guests to refrain from hugging one another. It’s only natural to want to offer condolences through physical interaction, but please remember that these health guidelines are for the safety of all.
Please speak with your funeral director about the personal effects that were present on your loved one when they passed. These may need to be disinfected before being returned to you.
A Note Regarding Financial Arrangements
We understand that you may be experiencing financial strain due to the COVID-19 pandemic, as many have been affected by job and income loss. Please be as open as possible with your funeral director about your current financial situation. We will do our best to work within your budget and provide a meaningful celebration of life for your loved one, while adhering to the guidelines posted above.
Please know that Fernwood does offer financing options through a third party finance company.
A funeral director is available to speak with you and answer your questions 24 hours a day. If a death has occurred or for funeral planning, please call us on (415) 383-7100.
We are here for you.